1. FMFC AGM on Wed 16th Nov at the Greenpark Centre for 7:30pm
a) Proposal from Brian on Club Fees - Dropped due to the constitution
b) New Chairman and Secretary - Arty and Derek appointed.
c) Don't forget your club and SAA Fees.
2. SAA AGM Sun 4th dec 13:00 Hillcroft Hotel, Whitburn.
3. FMFC Fy-in Dates.
21st June Mid-Summer Fly-in
6th August Fly-in
1. Just added 6 photo's to the 2016 gallery of Charlie's new Mig jet's maiden flight and hanging it (wow and with only 9 gyro's).
2. First Winter Meeting - Wed 19th Oct at the Greenpark Centre for 7:30 pm.
3. Thrust "venueing" - https://www.facebook.com/395837697225502/videos/793898147419453/
4. see the 2016 gallery for the JMA's new 'affordable' jet for the ordinary club member.
5. Some worries due to drones and the EU - https://bmfa.org/News/News-Page/ArticleID/2400/Threat-to-Model-Flying-from-European-Regulation-EASA-Prototype-Rules-for-Unmanned-Aircraft
6. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope it's our very own Jamie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-Dh-XD0gI
1. Don't forget to bolt and padlock the gate.
2. Finally, a 'worse jet Pilot' than me - http://imgur.com/gallery/0QfVU.
(scroll don to see all the photo's from the sequence).
3. Frank's new Turbinator has just had a successful maiden after some Turbine issues.
Congratulations to Frank and Jamie.
Who we are
Falkirk Model Flying Club has it origins back in the 1940's and it was one of the founder member clubs of the Scottish Aeromodellers Association when the SAA was formed in 1944. With the objective of promoting and furthering activities in the field of radio control model construction and flying. (And also having fun with this fantastic hobby)
Amongst the club members are instructors willing to train beginners in flying and safety aspects of model flying up to a standard where the pupil can be assessed and helped to gain a "Bronze" certificate to allow them to fly without the supervision of an experienced pilot. The newly qualified pilot is then encouraged to progress and gain higher qualifications, which will then allow the pilot to fly in competitions and at public events.
What we do
Have fun mainly! Safety is taken seriously of course, but it is all done within a friendly atmosphere with co-operation the norm, and a minimum of rules.
Whats planned in December 2016
You can view a full list on our events page