1. Don't forget to bolt and padlock the gate.
2. Finally, a 'worse jet Pilot' than me - http://imgur.com/gallery/0QfVU.
(scroll don to see all the photo's from the sequence).
3. Frank's new Turbinator has just had a successful maiden after some Turbine issues.
Congratulations to Frank and Jamie.
1. Summer Fly-in - well done to Charlie who won the Pilot's vote with his Iron man.
2. Please, please, please bolt and padlock the gate to the field if you are the last person out of the field. We don't want to have to change the combination for the padlock.
3. How NOT to land yer Jet - https://youtu.be/D8vknjWcV5w
4. Photo's of Frank's Turbinator in the 2016 Gallery.
1. Horse Racing at the farm over the weekend of 20/21st Aug. No flying that weekend please.
2. Some bad news in that Bob Swann has passed away suddenly at home. Great flyer and a true gent.
3. FMFC Summer Fly-in on Sun 7th Aug. BBQ
4. Don't forget that the LMA Elvington Show at York s on the weekend of the 13/14th Augus.
Who we are
Falkirk Model Flying Club has it origins back in the 1940's and it was one of the founder member clubs of the Scottish Aeromodellers Association when the SAA was formed in 1944. With the objective of promoting and furthering activities in the field of radio control model construction and flying. (And also having fun with this fantastic hobby)
Amongst the club members are instructors willing to train beginners in flying and safety aspects of model flying up to a standard where the pupil can be assessed and helped to gain a "Bronze" certificate to allow them to fly without the supervision of an experienced pilot. The newly qualified pilot is then encouraged to progress and gain higher qualifications, which will then allow the pilot to fly in competitions and at public events.
What we do
Have fun mainly! Safety is taken seriously of course, but it is all done within a friendly atmosphere with co-operation the norm, and a minimum of rules.
Whats planned in October 2016
You can view a full list on our events page